Tommy John is a disruptive apparel brand. Our online direct-to-consumer e-commerce business is exploding. We were featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, CBS This Morning, Howard Stern Show, New York Times, Esquire, GQ, Golf Digest, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, and Business Insider’s list of “Top 51 Companies That Are Changing the Way We Shop”. We are constantly on a mission to add smart, innovative and fun loving team members, and are looking for an Junior Graphic Designer to come join our New York based headquarters.
The Brand and Marketing Team
At Tommy John, the Brand team brings the brand to life. Keeping the customer at the forefront of all creative initiatives, we work closely with the product and ecomm team to create unique brand experiences online and offline. As our brand grows, we’re adding key members to the team who are interested in working in a fast-paced, design-driven, customer-focused environment.
We are currently looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong design ethos + aesthetic, and a thirst to build a compelling visual presence for the Brand experience. They should be motivated, and have a self-starter mentality with strong design skills across print, packaging and digital. Knowledge of basic digital photography is a plus.
- Packaging Mechanicals
- Internal Communication (HQ signs / Brand Swag / Misc Collateral)
- In-Store (Point of Sale Signs / Misc Collateral)
- Contribute to creative ideation around brand vision and voice
- Misc Print (Handouts and Inserts)
- Email Layout Design
- Digital Communication
- Digital Banner Ads
- Social Media Needs (Headers, ads)
- Assist Senior Designer/In-house Photographer and Senior Art Director on Photo shoots.
- Retouching (Basic working knowledge)
Junior Graphic Designer Requirements
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field.
- 2+ years professional experience in graphic and web design.
- Self-starter who possesses the ability to create original graphics.
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Powerpoint.
- Utilize a level of creativity and show interest in the look/design of work.
- Detail-oriented with a passion for problem solving.
- A passion for design, typography, creative and brand thinking.
- Digital photography knowledge and skills a plus.
- Basic photo retouching skills a plus.
- Basic vector Illustration skills a plus.
- Always look for ways to push for design innovation/excellence within the time/money parameters.
- Ability to work at a fast pace on multiple projects demanding a varied creative skill set.
- Possess a strong taste and aesthetic point of view, with an ability to map onto existing brand architecture.
- Empathy for the customer and their interaction with the brand in the digital
- Ability to effectively organize information, manage your time and work with others on a close-knit team.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Ability to laugh and have fun!
Some awesome parts of working at Tommy John:
- Benefits - Health, Vision/Dental
- Medical covered 100% for employees
- Tommy John Employee Discount
- Weekly Culture Calendar events
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Tons of Snacks
- Countless Happy Hours
- Great work environment
But, don't just take our word for it. Check out #WorkAtTommyJohn on Instagram for a behind the scenes look!
Read About Our Great Workplace Culture