Tommy John is a disruptive apparel brand. Our online direct-to-consumer e-commerce business is exploding. We were featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, CBS This Morning, Howard Stern Show, New York Times, Esquire, GQ, Golf Digest, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, and Business Insider’s list of “Top 51 Companies That Are Changing the Way We Shop”. We are constantly on a mission to add smart, innovative and fun loving team members, and are looking for a PR Associate to come join our New York based headquarters.
The Brand And Marketing Team
At Tommy John, the Brand and Marketing team brings the brand to life. Keeping the customer at the forefront of all creative initiatives, we work closely with the product and digital team to create unique brand experiences online and offline. As our brand grows, we’re adding key members to the team who are interested in working in a fast-paced, design-driven, customer-focused environment.
We are seeking someone with a passion for public relations and a great sense of team spirit who is hungry to learn about the many facets of the Tommy John brand. Under the direction of the Senior PR Manager this person will help spread awareness about the brand during a time of explosive growth. They will have opportunities to learn from and support a variety of verticals of the team such as Brand, Social and Acquisition. The ideal candidate is someone who has strong relationships in fashion/consumer PR, and a highly motivated self starter who has great communication and interpersonal skills. This person is also eager to learn, has a can do attitude and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Work with the Senior PR Manager to plan and execute all consumer PR activities, both proactive and reactive
- Support the Senior PR Manager in tracking and managing both proactive and reactive media opportunities
- Work with the Senior PR Manager on interview preparation and research
- Write content, pitches, press releases and media alerts, and help produce paid media content and integrations in a supporting capacity
- Manage and organize PR team budgets, samples, gifting opportunities, event logistics and SEO tactics.
- Work cross-functionally with the merchandising and creative teams to secure necessary assets and support for PR activities
- Research and pitch editorial calendar opportunities around fashion and retail, and support PR Senior management in business, marketing and thought leadership initiatives
- Build and maintain team media lists and manage daily and weekly news reporting
- Become deeply entrenched in business, fashion/consumer, retail media, as well as news and trends within the industry
- Develop and maintain PR team processes, such as maintaining a media relations repository, PR calendar, and resource library for spokespeople
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in fashion/consumer public relations (in-house or agency)
- Creative storytelling abilities with a passion for scouting unique ways to tell a company’s story to the media
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a team dynamic
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and an exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic, with the ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize and deliver multiple tasks on time
- Proficiency with KeyNote and/or Powerpoint, and Cision
Some awesome parts of working at Tommy John:
- Benefits - Health, Vision/Dental
- Medical covered 100% for employees
- Tommy John Employee Discount
- Weekly Culture Calendar events
- Tons of Snacks
- Countless Happy Hours
- Great work environment
But, don't just take our word for it. Check out #WorkAtTommyJohn on Instagram for a behind the scenes look!
Read About Our Great Workplace Culture